Friday, March 5, 2010

The Horror! The Horror!

Ever since pregnancy my body has rebelled. In sum, I hurt. Everything hurts. Let us itemize the aches, pains and trauma's courtesy of pregnancy, child birth, and caring for baby.

1. Hair: My hair is grey. Before I got pregnant I had a streak which ran from my right temple back. Now, Im salt and pepper. The cosmetics industry is about to be supported by my hair dye purchases.

2. Facial Skin: The weird acne continues. Newest strange spot to find a zit? The ear lobe and GET THIS - on the ear, but on the backside. WTF??

3. Neck and Shoulders: Needless to say - the neck and shoulders are a mess. My right shoulder has a constant case of tendonitis due to lifting the baby, lifting the baby + car seat, lifting the stroller, etc. etc. I also like to collect and retain knots in my trapezius muscles for the same reasons as well as craning my head down to see the baby while breast feeding.

4. Lower Back: Ah back labour, tho art NOT my friend! Since delivery of my little guy, my lower back is in a constant state of pain. Even massage hasnt helped. Why god, why?

5. Hips: Ditto!

6. Legs: For some reason my knee joints hurt. But I just read up on that and have learned its due to relaxin - the hormone that is released during pregnancy to keep your joints loose. Eventually it goes away. Either that or I will continue to walk like a 90 year old.

7. Feet: Goodbye pretty shoes! Hello frumpy wear!!!! Without proper support the feet ache. And then the knees ache, then the back aches.....

So, the question remains....given all the aches and pains - would I do it again? Absolutely (though next time Im lining up a massage therapist and purchasing a hot tub to boot!).

1 comment:

Dammit Karen said...

Yet, you had a 4-lb baby. Huh.

Hey, you should see a chiro about the neck/shoulder thing - worked for me!

As for everything else, don't worry, it goes away... until next time! (dun dun DUN)
K