Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weighing in Wednesday Part Three!!!


Its official. Aunty Flo is an evil evil thing. I weighed myself this week and voila - the weight I supposedly gained plus the 3 pounds I originally lost - all gone. YAY! However, this means that I didnt lose any additional weight. Boo! Add to this mucho work stress for the last two weeks and a good dose of frustration.



However, I will not let this get me down!!! Those three pounds are gone. I feel strong. I feel leaner. And I even joined a weight loss competition at the gym for good measure! Results will be measured at the end of March and the winner gets a prize pack. Im determined to try and win. *Cough* *Cough*

So, focusing on the positive - what has worked for me in terms of sticking with it....

1. Bootcamp class: Yes, its hard. Yes, it hurts. But most importantly it is a wonderfully supportive group of women that keep me coming back (if I dont, they give me a hard time!) and support me when Im ready to give up. Plus, they are older than me and kick my butt so its a matter of pride!!

2. Friends: I am reporting to a friend, via email, my daily food intake plus exercise of the day. Also reporting to her, and two other friends, weekly weight loss. The fear of shame and wanting to do well - plus their invaluable support - keeps me going.


3. Robbie: Yep, I even recruited the husband to keep me going. Had to make him a special deal - but he is in and doing a wonderful job of encouraging me. And not giving me a hard time when I dont succeed on the level of the weight loss commericals on tv!! Damn Jenny Craig! Damn Weight Watchers! But back to Rob....he has been a wonderful hubbie. Always is!



Music of the week to keep me motivated on the treadmill:

Hot N Cold by Katy Perry: Fun and catchy tune!
Jai Ho on the Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack: Its Indian dance pop with some latino infused in. LOVE IT!

Hope to report greater progess next week!!!



No comments: