Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Self Improvement Continues...

Now that I have my skin under control (yay dermatologist man!) I have decided to attack the nails. Or rather, to stop attacking the nails. For those who know me well - they know I have a twenty + year history of chewing, ripping off, peeling the skin of my poor nails. I do it when Im bored, when Im tired, when Im stressed, when Im emotional....whenever! It must stop.

So dermatologist man gave me a prescription (ear drops...but apparently they work) and said find something else to do instead of attacking your nails. Rigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhht.

I considered twirling my hair - but realized that I would look very stupid in any professional context. Considered chewing on the inside of my mouth, then realized this could lead to mouth infections. Considered taking my 3 year old nieces lead and pinching the skin on the back of my hand - but she is 3 so maybe not. Also considered chewing gum....but that is just rude! So I have decided to take a deep breath and stop everytime I feel the urge to start.

Day one is gone and it was hard. But I did it. They say it takes 30 days of doing something before it becomes a habit...so only 29 days to go.

Now Im going to put piglet here...just 'cause he is cute. Not because he has anything to do with nails..:)

No comments: