Thursday, March 8, 2007

I am a failure...



Is there such a thing as lunch time supervisor rehab? If so, I need to go!

The kids are increasingly turning a deaf ear and blind eye to me. Sigh. One on one, they listen and we are kosher. As a class - foregetabouit!

Things I have tried to date and their results:


  • Yelling. Result: Sore throat.

  • Public Shaming (i.e. putting list on board of students mis behaving for teacher to follow up on). Result: Long lists.

  • Three strikes - then you go in the hallway. Result: Kids in hallway looking bored. No effect on kids in classroom.

  • Threat of detention. Result: Not much 'cause I have to be outside. Which means finding a teacher to do detention. And they are all on lunch.

  • Look threatening. Theory goes that if you stand quietly they will begin to notice and settle down 'cause they know they are in trouble. Result: I stand quietly looking like a dorkus while kids act like heathens.

Thus, I am a lunchtime supervisor failure.

No comments: