Thursday, January 15, 2009

Observations from Mexico: Part Two

Day Five in Mexico and a few more observations...

1. Xel-ha: A must see for those who come to Cancun. It is a huge ecological water park with logs of animals (dolphins, manitis, sting rays and of course, the ever present iguana).

We spent the afternoon there yesterday where I happily snorkeled most of the day away. I even came across a stingray - which I promptly named Mr. Stingray - swimming along the bottom of the ocean. I followed him for a while until he decided that I had made him uncomfortable enough that he turned around and began to chase me. Guess my future as a stalker is looking grim.


2. Finding the Perfect Drink: It seems to me that at all inclusives the challenge is to find the perfect drink. Here, it is a tie between the mudslide (99% al-ki-hol, 1% chocolate) and the margarita (99% al-ki-hol and 1% lime).

3. Speaking of alcohol: I have discovered that the game 'asshole' is still oodles of fun. Especially when you add alcohol!

4. Speaking of alcohol part deux: Oh how I have sinned. For almost a full year I have given up diet coke in all its form (diet pepsi, diet coke, coke zero) and for the past few months I have given up pork and beef (thanks Oprah!). One night of al-ki-hol and games of asshole and my belly is filled with a burger and diet coke. Sigh. Off to hell I go.

No comments: