Monday, December 15, 2008

The Biggest Job of My Life

No. Not becoming a mother. Rather, I stupidly decided to repaint the hallway in the house. Simply put, I think I lost my mind.

Rob and I thought that we would be able to take down the wallpaper and paint it all in one weekend. We were sorely mistaken. The weekend has now passed and the painting has yet to begin!

But first - you must check out the before pictures.....as you can see, change was sorely needed.




Step One: Take down old wallpaper. Jake particularly enjoyed this part as it provided plenty of toys (and by toys I mean random pieces of wallpaper) for him to wrestle with, chase and chew on.

The process was slow and painful. It took us 11 hours.

But finally it was done! Im not sure what the heck happened in this hundred year old house - but I call the look "wartime chique".


Before proceeding to step two - Rob and I decided to stock up and I much needed resource. Coffee. In the process - I made a shrine to honor this weekend of renovation joy.

Once again - Renovation Cat Jake was there to share with our joy and emersement into step two - filling all the holes in the wall.



In the process we discovered wallpaper circa 1962!

More when the house actually gets painted!!!!!

No comments: