Thursday, September 11, 2008

My baby is a murderer!!!

Three years ago I had a baby. A blond hair, brown eyed baby who was potty trained although she did have bad hygiene habits such as eating her own poop and licking her yoohoo. I named her Nilla.

For the past three years Nilla and I have become quite fond of each other. I dont judge her when she eats old pizza crusts laying on the street and she doesnt judge me when I eat my 10 tenth chocolate chip cookie of the day. Nilla understands my love of sleep and will keep me company during nap time, snoring away contentedly. Nilla also keeps me company for long walks, short or long jogs and weeding in the garden. She was a great baby girl.




But our idyllic life has been shattered. My Nilla is a murderer. The other day she took a harmless bird into her once gentle mouth and started crunching. I could hear the death "cheeps' of the bird as I stood frozen in horror on the back deck. I tried to rescue the bird...I tried! But in her murderous state, Nilla ran away to decapitate the innocent bird and then proceeded to eat the rest of its beautiful, and now dead, body. Feathers and all.


Nilla is still with me but I cannot look at her the same way. She is no longer the sweet, gentle animal who played with the cats and licked my hands affectionately. No, she is the heartless killer who ignored the "cheep cheep" of the bird as her blood lust overwhelmed her.


In fact, I took a picture of Nilla post murder so that you all might see the change in her disposition.



Tell me - what is a mother to do???

1 comment:

Dammit Karen said...

Odd that you conveniently left out the bit in which you said to "the murderer", "Go get the bird, Nilla!"

I submit that she was no more than an innocent pawn in your dark and evil game of blood.

Hope you're having a great day! :D
Karen